Your credit union has a longstanding history in the involvement of local communities. As a financial institution we pride ourselves in the knowledge and assistance we are able to give to the future of tomorrow, being you, students! We strive to make the transition into post-secondary education as easy as possible with our Scholarship Program. If you are a Grade 12 student on Prince Edward Island and are planning on attending a recognized post-secondary institution, we are here for you. To apply please see the eligibility and evaluation requirements below for more information on how you qualify for one of our many scholarships or bursaries.
- Applicant, parent(s), or legal guardian must be an active member of a credit union on Prince Edward Island.
- The applicant must be a full-time Grade 12 student during the 2015-2016 academic school year.
- The applicant must be planning to attend a recognized University or College for the 2016-2017 school year. Please see list of all recognized Universities and Colleges here.
- Scholarships will be awarded to individuals who encompass a well-rounded character. We are looking for involvement in the community, taking initiative in leadership roles and your overall performance as a student.
- Consideration will be given to the following criteria:
- Community involvement
- Extra-curricular activities
- Career goals
- Leadership roles
- Work accomplishments while attending high school (if applicable)
- All applications must include the following documentation on hand in order to complete the application:
- Proof of acceptance to a recognized university or college.
- A reference letter from a previous teacher, employer, community group/organization of which the applicant is a member of/involved in.
- A transcript of marks from the educational institution the applicant is currently attending.
- Once the application is submitted you will receive an automated notification through email that we have received it.
- The application will then be distributed to the respective credit union selection committee and may be subjected to additional criteria.
- You will be notified on the status of your application using through the email address you provide in the application.
- Only one application per student will be accepted.
- The scholarship will be paid jointly to the recipient and the chosen educational institution and is not renewable.
Application deadline is May 8th, 2016.
If you have any issues with the application form or process, please tell us about it by email here.